How To Protect Your Home From Heavy Rain in Montgomery County, Maryland
Foresight Insurance is an independent “local” insurance agency that would give you an independent advantage for all your insurance needs.
With an independent insurance agent, you have choices. Independent agents are not tied to any one insurance company. One of the advantages of using an independent agent is that he or she works to satisfy your needs. You are using an expert for an important financial decision and most important, your agent is local and ready to take action to help your immediate needs, especially when you need them most…at the time of your claim.
On this post, we like to talk to you about How To Protect Your Home From Heavy Rain in Montgomery County Maryland
If there’s one word to describe the summer of 2015, it would be rainy.
The wet weather is wreaking havoc on everything from seasonal businesses like golf courses to kids’ summer vacations. It’s also a source of worry for homeowners who fear leaks and flooding.
While it may be impossible to stop every water issue, there are things you can do to protect your home from heavy rain. They include:
- Install (or have a contractor install) a sump pump. Sump pumps drain water from the inside of a structure to the outside. Opt for a battery backup sump pump system—flooding can cause electrical power failures.
- Install (or have a contractor install) a backwater valve. This device prevents city sewers from backing up into your basement plumbing fixtures.
- Have your chimney checked. Cracks in your chimney let water seep in, so hire a professional to check yours.
- Have your roof inspected regularly. Fixing issues as they arise can spare you from big repairs down the road.
- Make sure the seals around your windows, doors and openings are in good condition. If they aren’t, reseal them with caulk.
- Consider buying sandbags. They can save your home from serious damage when heavy rains hit. Simply place them around doors and windows to block water from entering your home.
Sometimes water seeps in even after you take steps to protect your home from heavy rain. If it does, having the right homeowners insuranceis key. You might also consider adding flood insurance to your policy for extra peace of mind.
Not sure you have the right coverage? Then talk to an insurance professional like an Erie Insurance Agent. He or she can tell you more and get you a free quote.
As an independent insurance agent since 2008, Michael Cruz has been providing personal services for the local community in English and Spanish. He understands the importance of customer service and the comprehensive advice that they need to help them make the right decisions.
Michael believes on long-term relationships by educating his customer while protecting all their assets.
Give Michael a call today at 301–213–8630