Ultimate Guide to Understanding Auto Insurance
Foresight Insurance is an independent “local” insurance agency that would give you an independent advantage for all your insurance needs.
With an independent insurance agent, you have choices. Independent agents are not tied to any one insurance company. One of the advantages of using an independent agent is that he or she works to satisfy your needs. You are using an expert for an important financial decision and most important, your agent is local and ready to take action to help yoru immediate needs, especially when you need them most…at the time of your claim.
On this post, we like to talk to you about Ultimate Guide to Understanding Auto Insurance
When it comes to auto insurance, there are a lot of companies and coverage choices. How do you know who to trust and what’s essential? Some of the insurance terms like endorsements or comprehensive and collision coverage may also be a bit confusing. And what about those extras you can add on? Which ones do you need?
We’ve pulled together some of our best resources to make the experience of shopping for auto insurance easier. We’ll explore the ins and outs of coverage and what you should consider when buying or renewing your auto insurance policy.
Finding the auto insurance coverage that’s best for you
Whether you’re buying your first set of used wheels or a brand new car, you’ll need protection and service. Auto insurance kicks in for those unexpected mishaps—from a minor dent to a more serious crash. It also helps protect you, your passengers and your pets as well as some of the prized possessions being transported in your car.
- Infographic: Your Auto Insurance Renewal Guide: Learn more about standard and customized coverages, discounts and more with this visual guide.
- Understanding Your Auto Coverage: Depending on your state’s requirements for auto insurance and what limits and options you pick, your auto policy typically includes six common coverages. Find out what they are.
- Getting the Best Value for Your Auto Insurance Needs: You may be eligible for valuable discounts on your auto policy. Check out a list of discounts.
- Understanding Auto Insurance and ERIE’s Extras: ERIE customers get lots of extras that are built into their auto insurance policy. Discover some of the things that you’re covered for (and always have been).
Understanding auto insurance terminology
With coverage, you may wonder about some of the terminology used in your policy. Here are four common auto insurance terms and what they mean.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage [Video]: This coverage can help you when you’re involved in an accident with a driver who may not have sufficient insurance coverage or no coverage at all.
- Collision and Comprehensive Coverage [Video]: Collision insurance covers your car or truck when it’s in an accident with another vehicle. Comprehensive insurance covers damage that’s not caused by a collision with another vehicle, such as fire or theft.
Exploring coverage options and additional protection worth considering
Almost in the same way that you could customize your car or truck, you can customize your auto insurance coverage. For instance, you may want to add emergency road service or rental car reimbursement coverage to your auto policy. The extra services do not cost a lot, and you’ll be glad to have them when you need them. Here’s more information about some of the options.
- How To Get Road Service Coverage with an Auto Policy: When you experience an unlucky break with your car, like a flat tire or a mechanical failure, emergency road service can help save the day. Read this article for the details.
- Does My Auto Insurance Cover Rental Cars? Customers often ask us about rental cars and what’s covered. Get straightforward answers to common questions.
- Understanding Auto Insurance Endorsements: Learn more about why an endorsement is a good way to add extra coverage to your policy without having to purchase an entirely new one.
As an independent insurance agent since 2008, Michael Cruz has been providing personal services for the local community in English and Spanish. He understands the importance of customer service and the comprehensive advice that they need to help them make the right decisions.
Michael believes on long-term relationships by educating his customer while protecting all their assets.
Give Michael a call today at 301–985–2667
Foresight Insurance Provides Auto/Car Insurance, Home Insurance, and Business/Commercial Insurance to All of Maryland, Including Rockville, Bethesda, and Gaithersburg.